Monday, February 14, 2011

The Big Day! Leilani turns 1!




My mind was racing the night before and the day of. I had some wonderful ladies that help me prepare until 2am! I started back up seven that morning. Leilani was all smiles until we got to the party, she was so cranky and tired. She slept through half of the party.


 I love this pictures it reminds me of a princess's table. All the little party hats were handmade and so much fun to make. Alot of glue gun burns hehe.


Sweets, Sweets and More Sweets!
I wanted the themed food to remind me of Lani; sugar, spice and everything nice OH! and how could I forget TuTu's. I did a sweets bar not a candy bar being that candy cost so much in bulk. I made some of the sweets; the chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate dipped marshmellows and rice krispie lollipops dipped in chocolate. The hardest thing to make were the pretzels because the pearls would slide of. I tried to find candy to match our color scheme which was'nt easy.Target had a little candy shop ailes and that's were I bought all the candy. I wanted to make presentable yummy food that everyone could grab and mingle, we had cheesburger sliders, baked hot wings, pigs in a blanket and pizza cresent pockets (I recommend them on any day) . The most popular thing at the party was the fondue table. I don't thing we had any strawberries left :D
The "TUTU" fabulous Sweets Table


As you can see it was very hard trying to keep this skirt up. I never realized tulle could be so heavy! It took about 8 - 10hrs to make the skirt and 200 yds later my dream TuTu. It could wrap around Lani and I about two times!

Fushia, Teal, Kiwi Green and Purple


 I had sooo much fun making the paper poms. I loved them so much that I tried incorporating them in any way I could. I got the courset tutu cake from super target, a lady who makes all our cakes named michelle did it.

 



Bubbles, Bubbles and More Bubbles




The kids really enjoyed this bubble machine. I got it from Walmart for only $6 and the big bottle of bubble soap was 75 cents. Totally worth it.



A few little Details I LOVE.

Emily gathered most of us together to
take this memorable photo

If you love these photos you can contact the fabulous photographer Emily V at EMILYVIVENTI@GMAIL.COM

"put your ONES up"


At the end of the day all our little helpers and I were pooped but it was all worth it!


If anyone has any questions please let me know I would be glad to share. Everything was homemade except for the cake and cupcakes! thank for visiting, ENJOY!
Catch My Party

1 comment:

  1. You know I love the party! The hats turned out adorable! Post it to catchmyparty.com; you'll DEF make feature!!!!! GET ON IT!

    ReplyDelete